Sunday, October 30, 2005

God's Day

God's Day

Today--this day--this very day
Is God's day!
Fresh from His hand,
And lent to me so graciously,
A day He planned.

Today, there's work for us to do
Together;
It is not mine.
The day, the work, and I are His,
At His design.

And if today some sorrow comes
Ere night fall--
Some pain or care--
Yet I will know He's with me still;
This day we share.

And in this day of ours I'll find
The gladness
He waits to show.
Some burst of joy, or quiet peace,
Today I'll know.

I will not wait tomorrow's
Golden hue
Or rosy way,
But with His joy I'll really live
In God's today.


By Mrs. Commissioner George Nelting of The Salvation Army
Reprinted from It's Beautiful! as published years ago in The Salvation Army magazine The War Cry.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Ministry Clipart - FREE Family Friendly Photos & Clipart